Thursday, November 24, 2011

Surgery

I am currently recovering from surgery. It was a long day but an important one. On this day I became 'cancer free' the tumor that had been invading my personal space had been removed. I have won my first battle. There are still many more hurdles to pass but this was the starting point. I admit being pushed into the pre-op area where I would normally meet my husband for lunch was scary. I could not believe that this was happening to me. To be placed in a bed next to other people who are not feeling well, not to mention many years older than myself, was quite frightening. My husband teared up too because he was entering the area not as a surgeon but as a patient's spouse. He never thought he would have to witness this. I remember being put onto the bed and getting changed into my clothes. I felt a sense of peace once I was dressed and had a blanket and warmers put on me. I knew this place was not meant to intimidate me or hurt me but to help me through this problem. The medicine helped quite a bit. I felt quite relaxed and was watching tv when my surgeon arrived to confirm what she will be doing that day. I don't remember anything after that except being laid onto the operating table and being told to breath into a mask. I fell asleep and woke up with both my husband and my doctor looking at me. I did not want to wake up, the floor nurse was trying to get me to wake up so I could go home but I did not want to go home. After a bit I realized the floor was going to be noisy and they were not going to read me bedtime stories and play soft music for me as I doze in a peaceful slumber so we went home. The days of recovery have been tiring and I have not slept this much since before my son was born. I must say though it feels great to know that the tumor is out and now onto the next step...getting the report of what stage and what treatment I will need to rid my body of any potential threats in the future.
I did hear a response back from La Leche League since I wrote to them regarding this matter of nursing and lumps. They are going to talk with their participants and encourage them to get lumps looked at. I just found out from my counselor another young mom, 27 years old, who is 8 months pregnant has breast cancer and they have to take the baby out early so she can start chemotherapy. A very scary situation!!! Please pass the word on!!! Get your lumps checked out!!!

3 comments:

  1. Dana you are amazing, strong, and brave. You will WIN this battle and inspire many women. You have already reminded me of how much I neglect doing self breast exams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW I GOT CURED OF HERPES VIRUS.

    Hello everyone out there, i am here to give my testimony about a herbalist called dr imoloa. i was infected with herpes simplex virus 2 in 2013, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so i was thinking on how i can get a solution out so that my body can be okay. one day i was in the pool side browsing and thinking of where i can get a solution. i go through many website were i saw so many testimonies about dr imoloa on how he cured them. i did not believe but i decided to give him a try, i contacted him and he prepared the herpes for me which i received through DHL courier service. i took it for two weeks after then he instructed me to go for check up, after the test i was confirmed herpes negative. am so free and happy. so, if you have problem or you are infected with any disease kindly contact him on email drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. or / whatssapp --+2347081986098.
    This testimony serve as an expression of my gratitude. he also have
    herbal cure for, LUPUS DISEASE, JOINT PAIN, POLIO DISEASE, PARKINSON'S DISEASE, ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, CYSTIC FIBROSIS, SCHIZOPHRENIA, CORNEAL ULCER, EPILEPSY, FETAL ALCOHOL SPECTRUM, LICHEN PLANUS, COLD SORE, SHINGLES, CANCER, HEPATITIS A, B. DIABETES 1/2, HIV/AIDS, CHRONIC PANCERATIC, CHLAMYDIA, ZIKA VIRUS, EMPHYSEMA, LOW SPERM COUNT, ENZYMA, COUGH, ULCER, ARTHRITIS, LEUKAEMIA, LYME DISEASE, ASTHMA, IMPOTENCE, BARENESS/INFERTILITY, WEAK ERECTION, PENIS ENLARGEMENT. AND SO ON.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm proud to say now that I am finally at a place where I have found something that works for me. Almost four years ago I began seeing a classical Homeopath. I was put on a constitutional remedy by Dr Itua herbal center who reside in west africa, and I am amazed at my healing thus far. I will continue to post what worked for me and what didn't in more blogs to come (as this one is getting quite long... and I'm not writing a book on here - not yet anyway). This discovery has not only helped the way I practice, but it has also given me further insight into the world of Herbal  medicine. I came to know more about Dr Itua on Tv Station when I was taking my regular organic coffee at javamania coffee spot I watched the whole scene on how he uses Natural herbs to cure disease like Herpes, Hiv/Aids, Cancers,HPV,Men & Women Infertility,Melanoma, Mesothelioma, Multiple myeloma, Neuroendocrine tumors,Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma,Alzheimer's disease, chronic diarrhea, COPD, Parkinson's disease, Als And Diabetes, I was moved by his words then I took a confident step to contact him regarding my health condition Herpes & Prostate Cancer, He prepared his herbal medicine then sent it to me through Courier which I took as it's was instructed and I found myself healing symptoms are all gone I have being watching my health for years now and I finally confirmed that is a permanent cure like he told me at our first conversations so now I'm healthy and happy I purchase his herbal tea which I usually take in the morning before starting my day because it feels good to find addiction on natural herbs than medical drugs so is what I'm doing and loving it more and More to come later on blogs sooner I will be writing my book.I will advise you to contact Doctor Itua Herbal Center for any kind of permanent cure and herbal remedy.Doctor Itua Email Contact: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Also On Whats-App Calls: +2348149277967.

    ReplyDelete